Canon PIXMA MX514 Driver Download and User Manual For Windows, Mac, Linux – Another great choice, if you are looking for a replacement for your old printer, is PIXMA MX514. This printer is considerably cheap considering its features and also a lot of function. Pixma MX514 can produce a high-quality print but can also be used as a scanner, copier and also to send and receive fax messages. You can use this printer while connected to a computer or you can also use it as a standalone scanner and also copier machine.
One of the greatest features is the wireless connectivity option, that allows you to print and scan directly from your devices. You need to install AirPrint app on your devices to connect to this computer. And with this wireless option, now you don’t need to move and plug then unplug it to use it, you just need to connect to it via WiFi connection and you’re good to go. This Canon MX514 also has the ADF feature which allows you to stack documents that you want to scan or copy at once and leave it for the printer to finish while you work on something else. Making your work more efficient and easy.
Another great feature addition of Canon PIXMA MX514 is the print duplexer. With this, you don’t need to print a two sided document twice, but you can finish it with one step.
Canon PIXMA MX514 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MX514 Specification
|Available Functions||Print, Scan, Copy, Fax & 30 page ADF. Camera, Memory Card, and Mobile phone direct printing with 6.2cm Colour TFT display. Wi-Fi & Ethernet connectivity.|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Print Engine||Inkjet, 2 FINE Cartridges, 4-colour system with minimum 2 pl droplet size, ChromaLife100 system|
|Photo Lab Quality Speed||Borderless 10 x 15cm: Approx. 46 seconds (Standard)|
|Mono Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 9.7 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 5.5 ipm|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||FINE Cartridge – PG-440, CL-441 (Optional – PG-440XL, CL-441XL)|
|Black Ink Tank Life||Black: 180 pages (PG-440), 600 pages (optional PG-440XL)|
|Black: 1420 photos* (PG-440), 4340 photos* (optional PG-440XL)|
|* Estimated supplemental yield|
|Colour Ink Tank Life||Colour: 180 pages (CL-441), 400 pages (optional CL-441XL)|
|Colour: 67 photos (CL-441), 135 photos (optional CL-441XL)|
|Media Type||Plain Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Plus semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper(MP-101)|
|Media Input||Max. 100 sheets|
|Media Size||A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL, COM10), 10 x 15cm, 13 x 18cm, 20 x 25cm|
|Media Weight||Plain paper 64 to 105 g/m² and Canon special media up to approx. 300 g/m² (PT-101)|
|Two Sided Printing||Automatic|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A4, Letter, 20 x 25cm, 13 x 18cm, 10 x 15cm)|
|Compatible Memory Cards||USB Flash Memory, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), and MultiMedia Card Plus (Ver4.1), Memory Stick Micro, RS-MMC ¹, MMCmobile Card, mini SD Card, micro SD, mini SDHC Card ¹ and micro SDHC, MMC mobile|
|Card Direct Print Functions||Select photo, print job queuing, print PDF from USB Flash memory|
|Card Direct Print Enhancements||Auto Photo Fix II, Red-eye correction|
|PC Fax||Win: Via Fax modem (in MFP)*|
|*1 location, B/W transmission only|
|Transmission Speed Mono/colour||Mono: Approx. 3 sec./page (33.6kbps)|
|(based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart)|
|Colour: Approx. 1 min/page (33.6kbps)|
|(based on default setting using Canon Colour Fax Test Sheet)|
|Modem Speed||Maximum 33.6kbps (Automatic fall back)|
|Compression Method Mono/colour||Mono: MH, MR, MMR|
|Fax Resolution||Mono: 8pels/mm x 3.85 lines/mm (Standard), 8pels/mm x 7.7 lines/mm (Fine), 300dpi x 300dpi (Extra Fine)|
|Colour: 200 x 200 dpi (Photo)|
|Greyscale / Colour Gradation||Mono: 256 levels|
|Colour: 24 bit (full colour) (RGB each 8 bit)|
|Fax Memory||Up to 50 pages (page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon Fax Standard Chart No.1) and save files directly to USB flash memory or memory card|
|Coded Dials||max 20 locations|
|Group Dial||max 19 locations|
|FAX/TEL Auto Switch||No|
|Answering Machine Hook-up||Yes|
|Error correction mode (ECM)||Yes, ITU-T T.30 compatible|
|Reports||Activity report, User’s data list, Telephone number list, Memory list, Rejected number list, Caller history list|
|Scanner Type||Flatbed and ADF, CIS colour scanner|
|Scanner Resolution Optical||Up to 1200 x 2400dpi (Platen)|
|A4 Scan Speed (reflective)||Approx. 15 seconds|
|Colour Scanning Depth||48 bit input / 24 bit output (RGB each 16 / 8 bit)|
|Halftone/Greyscale||16 bit input / 8 bit output|
|Compatibility||TWAIN / WIA|
|Effective Scanning Width||Flatbed: A4/Letter|
|OCR Bundle||Yes (MP Navigator EX)|
|Scan Methods & Enhancements||Scan jpeg, compact PDF or normal PDF, to memory card or USB memory, attach to email, Push-scan, Auto Scan Mode, Auto Document Fix, PDF file creation/editing/password security*, Correct document orientation, Prevent show through, Descreen, Gutter Shadow Correction, Text (OCR), Multi-page PDF|
|* Function with MP Navigator EX|
|Copy Speed Colour Document||sFCOT: Approx. 21 sec|
|Document (ADF) sESAT: Approx. 4.3 ipm|
|Multiple Copy||1 to 99 copies|
|Zoom||25 – 400%, preset ratios, fit-to-page|
|Copy functions & enhancements||Borderless copy, two-sided copy, 2-on-1 and 4-on-1 copy, collated copy, frame erase copy, Auto Photo Fix II|
|INTERFACE AND SOFTWARE|
|Display Type & Size||6.2cm Colour TFT display|
|Interface Type – PC / Mac||Hi-Speed USB (B Port)|
|Ethernet: IEEE802.3u (100BASE-TX), IEEE802.3(10BASE-T), 10/100Mbps (auto switchable)|
|Bluetooth Ver2.0 maximum speed 1.44Mbps (Option, HCRP) (with optional Bluetooth Unit BU-30)|
|Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11b/g/n Set-up: WCN, WPS (Push-Button Configuration, PIN code method), Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP64/128bit, Administration password|
|Interface Type – Non PC||Over Wi-Fi: Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Sony Playstation 3|
|Bluetooth Ver2.0 maximum speed 1.44Mbps (Option, JPEG only, OPP, BIP) (with optional Bluetooth unit BU-30)|
|Photo printing via PictBridge|
|Supported Operating System||Windows 7 (32 and 64bit), Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista (32 and 64bit), Windows XP SP2, SP3 (32-bit only)|
|Mac OS X v.10.5.8 – 10.7|
|Operating System Requirements||Windows 7: 1 GHz or faster cpu, 1 GB RAM (64 bit requires 2 GB RAM)|
|Windows Vista (32/ 64 bit): 1 GHz or faster cpu, 512MB RAM|
|Windows XP SP2, 3: 300 MHz or faster cpu, 128 MB RAM|
|Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher|
|Display: 1024 x 768 or better|
|Mac OS X Lion 10.7: Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor, 2GB RAM|
|Mac OS 10.6: Intel Processor, 1 GB RAM|
|Mac OS 10.5.8: Intel or PowerPC Processor (G4, G5, 867 MHz or faster)|
|Browser: Safari 3 or higher|
|Display: 1024 x 768 or better|
|Software Included||Canon MP Navigator EX, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Easy-WebPrint EX, Canon Speed Dial Utility, Canon Solution Menu EX|
|Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)||up to 30 pages|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||approx. 458 x 385 x 200 mm|
|Display languages||22 Languages selectable: Japanese, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Russian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Slovenian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Greek, Traditional Chinese, Korean|
|Temperature Range||Operating environment: 5° – 35° C|
|Humidity||Operating humidity: 10 – 90%RH (no condensation)|
|Acoustic Noise Levels||Approx. 42 dB(A)|
|When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on 10x15cm Photo Paper Plus Glossy II using default settings.|
|Weight||Approx. 8.8 kg|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby: Approx. 1.7 W (Wi-Fi connection to PC, scanning lamp off)|
|Off: Approx. 0.4 W (USB connected to PC)|
|Copying: Approx 18 W|
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MX375 Driver
Software & Driver Installation For Canon PIXMA MX514
Method 1: Canon PIXMA MX514 Installation Steps by Steps Using Free Download
This time, without CD installation or automatic wizard, will be used for the installation of Canon PIXMA MX514.
Follow the instruction below:
- Ensure that you have software file or driver setup of Canon PIXMA MX514. In case you don’t have, the link below is for anyone who needs the software file.
- USB cable is necessary, thus you can connect your computer and the printer. USB cable usually comes with the printer package.
After you are done with the preparations for the installation of Canon PIXMA MX514 using Setup File, below mentioned is what to do with the installation.
- Switch ON Canon PIXMA MX514 and your computer.
- Before it’s instructed, don’t connect the USB cable of PIXMA MX514.
- Canon MX514 driver setup should be downloaded, thus you can start the installation.
- Anytime driver setup installation is done, connect PIXMA MX514 USB cable. The wizard, then, will detect the USB cable. Once the USB cable is detected, you will be led to the installation instructions of Canon PIXMA MX514.
- You only need to follow the installation steps-by-steps.
- Anytime the installation is complete, Canon PIXMA MX514 is ready to use.
Method 2: Manual Setting Up Of Canon PIXMA MX514 Drivers
Considering this approach or method for the installation, find Add A Printer selection you get from the inbuilt feature for Windows.
- Canon PIXMA MX514 Driver Setup file or Software. Don’t have the Driver Setup file, find them through the link that is available.
- Canon PIXMA MX514 USB cable is necessary
The Installation Steps-by-Steps:
- Switch ON your devices, both Canon PIXMA MX514 and your computer.
- Pair the Canon PIXMA MX514 USB cable and your computer.
- Setup file of Canon PIXMA MX514 should be extracted which file you can find through TEMP folder.
- Hit start, then Control Panel, and locate View Devices & Printer when it comes to Windows 7 and Vista. Hit Fax & Printers for XP users.
- Locate Add a Printer.
- Finish with it, provide the path for the extracted setup file.
- Follow the installation instructions from the wizard.
- The installation of Canon PIXMA MX514 is complete, and the printer is now can be used.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MX514 Installation Driver Free Download
Using software CD or Automatic Wizard for the installation of Canon PIXMA MX514
Ensure that you prepare:
- Your computer should have installed DVD/CD drive.
- Grab Canon PIXMA MX514 Driver CD or Software Disk that you get from the printer package.
- Another thing that you need is USB cable that is used to connect your computer and printer. This one also becomes one package with the printer.
For the installation process of Canon PIXMA MX514 using CD Drive, follow the below mentioned.
- Switch ON the devices which are needed for the installation process of Canon PIXMA MX514, such as, the printer itself and your computer.
- Only when it is suggested, don’t connect the Canon MX514 to your computer.
- Get the CD disk of your PIXMA MX514 to your computer DVD/CD drive. When the instructions for the installation pop up, follow them.
- Connect Canon MX514 USB cable to your computer anytime the setup wizard instructs you.
- It sometimes takes until PIXMA MX514 USB cable gets detected. Afterward, the instructions for the installation process will appear to complete the installation.
- Canon PIXMA MX514 is now ready for you to use when the installation is complete.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX514 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MX514) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MX514 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MX514 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MX514 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
PIXMA MX514 Wireless Connection Setup
(If the Printer is compatible with Wireless)
Connecting with WPS
- Physical WPS push button must be present.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
Wi-Fi lamp will light up after enabling wireless connection. Printer searches for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold WPS button for 5 seconds, release.
- Press OK button after 2 minutes.
- After the connection is made, press OK to complete setup.
Install software for PIXMA MX514.
If the connection still fails, please contact manufacturer.
Standard Connection Method
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Select Standard setup then press OK button to start process of standard setup.
Printer is searching for available wireless network.
- Use navigation arrows to select access point (the name of your network). Press OK.
Press left function button to search again if you cannot see your network on the list.
- Press OK to input/edit network password (case sensitive).
Use the virtual keyboard to enter a password. Follow the procedure as instructed:
- Password is case sensitive. Press the center function button to navigate between numeric, upper case, and lower case.
- Use navigation arrows to pick a character on the keyboard, press OK to confirm selection, and move another character.
- Repeat step (a) and (b) for more characters to input.
- After inputting password, press left function button to complete.
- Confirm your password. Press OK to edit, if needed.
- Press left function button to complete setup. Press OK.
Follow by installing software for PIXMA MX514.
If the connection still fails, please contact the manufacturer.
PIXMA MX514-factory default settings
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select Setup icon.
- Press the right function button.
- Use left navigation arrow to select Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Use up navigation arrow to access LAN settings.
- Press OK.
- Use down navigation arrow to select Yes for reset setting.
- Press OK.
- WLAN Settings now reset. A message [Processing….Please wait momentarily] is shown.
- Press OK to complete resetting WLAN.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MX395 Driver
If you have a printer Canon PIXMA MX514, then you will need to surely have the official driver & software to install your printer. If you have none, then you will be glad to know that canonupdates.com will give you the official driver & software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.
|PIXMA MX514 MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.03||28 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||36 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||47 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||126.96.36.199||15 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||22 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||1.90||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||1.90||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.70||3.4 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.70||3.6 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||1.90||3.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.70||8.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||188.8.131.52||17 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5)||18.1.0b||13 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||5.1.1||35 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/ 10.7/10.6)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.1.1||48 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.5/10.6)||5.1.0||36 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 2000)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.2.0||1.1 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 User Manual (Windows)||1.10||19 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 User Manual (OS X 10.5)||1.10||38 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 User Manual (Mac)||1.11||38 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint for Mac||1.5||128 KB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint for Windows||1.5||303 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 - Setting Up the Fax||1.00||714 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 Getting Started||V2||3.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX514 - Specification Sheet||1.00||275 KB||Download|
|Guide for Printer Setup for Network||V1||508 KB||Download|
|Setting Up the FAX||V1||808 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.70||92 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||1.90||502 KB||Download|
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MX435 Driver
Canon PIXMA MX514 Driver Download and User Manual For Windows, Mac, Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MX514 since you can download them on our site Canon Printer Support that provides the download link for both software and driver of canon series from the Official site. You need only to hit the download link below and then follow the instructions manually. User manual can be downloaded as well, thus you effortlessly can finish the installation process.