Canon PIXMA MG6820 Driver Download and Printer Manual For Windows, Mac, Linux – If you are looking for a printer with good printing speed, PIXMA MG6820 is the answer. This printer can provide you with good speed for printing many kinds of documents. Whether they are monochrome documents or colorful documents, this printer can handle them well and quite quickly. In this case, the printer can do the mono printing up to 15 pages per minute. Then, for color printing, the printing speed is up to 9.7 pages per minute. This printer also provides access for printing borderless photos. In this case, 41 seconds is needed to print 4” x 6” borderless photo.
The good speed is not the only good point of Canon MG6820. This printer also provides you with good quality. In this case, you can get good printing results because this printer has good printing resolution. Maximum printing resolution of this printer is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi. Then, this printer also has FINE cartridge technology and ChromaLife100 to make sure that the printing results are great and they can have better and longer durability.
Canon PIXMA MG 6820 also gives you easy access. There has been a built-in wireless device in this printer. As the results, you will find that it is easier to connect your PC to the printer. You only need to find the wireless connection. Moreover, it is possible also to do mobile printing for compatible smartphone and tablets.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2920 Driver Download For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG6820 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / macOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Specification Canon PIXMA MG6820
|Printing Technology||ChromaLife100+ inkjet system with FINE print head technology|
|Maximum Resolution||Color: 4800 x 1200 dpi
Black: 600 x 600 dpi
|Print Speed||Black, ESAT: 15 ipm
Color, ESAT: 9.7 ipm
4 x 6″ Borderless Photo: 41 seconds
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 3072
Pigment Black: 1024
|Minimum Ink Droplet Size||2 or 5 picoliter|
|Ink Type||Dye: Cyan, magenta, yellow, black
Pigment: Pigment black
|Ink Palette||Cyan, magenta, yellow, black, pigment black|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||5 individual cartridges|
|Compatible Ink Cartridges||PGI-270 Pigment Black XL
CLI-271 Cyan XL
CLI-271 Magenta XL
CLI-271 Yellow XL
CLI-271 Black XL
PGI-270 Pigment Black
|Print Archival Life||Up to 100 years in archival storage|
|Print Features||Apple AirPrint, auto 2-sided printing, Auto Photo Fix II, borderless printing, document printing, Easy PhotoPrint+, Full HD Movie Print, special filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, Mopria Device Printing, Photo Direct Printing (memory card), photo printing, Canon PRINT app, PIXMA Cloud Link, PIXMA Printing Solutions, print from email, red-eye correction, image cropping, quiet mode, web template print, wireless PictBridge, wireless printing|
|Image Sensor||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Optical Resolution||2400 x 1200 dpi|
|Interpolated Resolution||19200 x 19200 dpi|
|Color Depth||Color: 48-bit input / 24-bit output
Grayscale: 16-bit input / 8-bit output
|Reflective Scan Area||8.5 x 11.7″ (21.6 x 29.7 cm)|
|Scanner Drivers||Windows: TWAIN 1.9, WIA
Mac OS: ICA
|Scanner Features||Auto scan mode, push scan, network scan, wireless scanning|
|Number of Copies||Max: 99|
|First Copy-Out Time||Color: 18 seconds|
|Reduction/Enlargement||25-400% in 1% units|
|Intensity Adjustment||9 positions, auto intensity (AE copy)|
|Copy Features||4-on-1 / 2-on-1 copy, auto exposure copy, Auto Photo Fix II, borderless copy, fade restoration, fit-to-page, frame erase copy, photo reprint, preset copy ratios, two-sided copy|
|Maximum Paper Width||8.5″ (21.6 cm)|
|Maximum Printable Area||8 x 13.7″ (20.3 x 34.8 cm)
8.5″ (21.6 cm) wide for borderless
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm), 5 x 7″ (12.7 x 17.8 cm), 8 x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm), Letter, Legal, A5, A4, B5, Envelope DL, U.S. #10 Envelopes
Custom: 3.5 x 5″ to 8.5 x 14″ (8.9 x 12.7 cm to 21.6 x 35.6 cm)
|Media Weight||17-28 lb (64-105 gsm)|
|Paper Types||Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster
Matte: Matte Photo Paper
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
|Paper Capacity||Output Tray: 100 sheets plain paper or 20 sheet 4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm) photo paper|
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0|
|Wireless Standard||IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi|
|Memory Card Compatibility||SD & SDHC
Memory Stick Duo
Memory Stick PRO Duo
miniSD & miniSDHC (with adapter)
microSD & microSDHD (with adapter)
Memory Stick Micro (with adapter)
|Wireless Range||164′ (50 m) indoors|
|Wireless Security||WEP (64/128-bit), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), administration password|
|Mobile Printing Features||Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Print from E-mail, PIXMA Cloud Link|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Vista SP1, Vista SP2, 7, 7 SP1, 8, 8.1
Mac OS X 10.7.5-10.10
iOS, Android, Windows RT, Amazon Fire
|System & Software Requirements||Windows
Internet Explorer 8 or later
3 GB free hard disk space
1024 x 768 display resolutionMacintosh
Safari 5 or later
1.5 GB free hard disk space
1024 x 768 display resolution
|Display||3″ (7.6 cm) LCD touchscreen|
|Operating Conditions||Temperature: 41 to 95°F (5 to 35°C)
Humidity: 10 to 90%, relative non-condensing
Recommended Temperature: 59 to 86°F (15 to 30°C)
Recommended Humidity: 10 to 80%, relative non-condensing
|Storage Conditions||Temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 5 to 95%, relative non-condensing
|Power Requirements||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||Printing (Copy): 12 W
Standby: 0.8 W
Off: 0.2 W
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||18 x 14.6 x 5.9″ (455 x 369 x 148 mm)|
|Weight||14 lb (6.4 kg)|
|Package Weight||17.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||20.5 x 19.5 x 8.5″|
Software & Driver Installation For Canon PIXMA MG6820
Method 1: Canon PIXMA MG6820 Installation Steps by Steps Using Free Download
This time, without CD installation or automatic wizard, will be used for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG6820.
Follow the instruction below:
- Ensure that you have software file or driver setup of Canon PIXMA MG6820. In case you don’t have, the link below is for anyone who needs the software file.
- USB cable is necessary, thus you can connect your computer and the printer. USB cable usually comes with the printer package.
After you are done with the preparations for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG6820 using Setup File, below mentioned is what to do with the installation.
- Switch ON Canon PIXMA MG6820 and your computer.
- Before it’s instructed, don’t connect the USB cable of PIXMA MG6820.
- Canon MG6820 driver setup should be downloaded, thus you can start the installation.
- Anytime driver setup installation is done, connect PIXMA MG6820 USB cable. The wizard, then, will detect the USB cable. Once the USB cable is detected, you will be led to the installation instructions of Canon PIXMA MG6820.
- You only need to follow the installation steps-by-steps.
- Anytime the installation is complete, Canon PIXMA MG6820 is ready to use.
Method 2: Manual Setting Up Of Canon PIXMA MG6820 Drivers
Considering this approach or method for the installation, find Add A Printer selection you get from the inbuilt feature for Windows.
- Canon PIXMA MG6820 Driver Setup file or Software. Don’t have the Driver Setup file, find them through the link that is available.
- Canon PIXMA MG6820 USB cable is necessary
The Installation Steps-by-Steps:
- Switch ON your devices, both Canon PIXMA MG6820 and your computer.
- Pair the Canon PIXMA MG6820 USB cable and your computer.
- Setup file of Canon PIXMA MG6820 should be extracted which file you can find through TEMP folder.
- Hit start, then Control Panel, and locate View Devices & Printer when it comes to Windows 7 and Vista. Hit Fax & Printers for XP users.
- Locate Add a Printer.
- Finish with it, provide the path for the extracted setup file.
- Follow the installation instructions from the wizard.
- The installation of Canon PIXMA MG6820 is complete, and the printer is now can be used.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MG6820 Installation Driver Free Download
Using software CD or Automatic Wizard for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG6820
Ensure that you prepare:
- Your computer should have installed DVD/CD drive.
- Grab Canon PIXMA MG6820 Driver CD or Software Disk that you get from the printer package.
- Another thing that you need is USB cable that is used to connect your computer and printer. This one also becomes one package with the printer.
For the installation process of Canon PIXMA MG6820 using CD Drive, follow the below mentioned.
- Switch ON the devices which are needed for the installation process of Canon PIXMA MG6820, such as, the printer itself and your computer.
- Only when it is suggested, don’t connect the Canon MG6820 to your computer.
- Get the CD disk of your PIXMA MG6820 to your computer DVD/CD drive. When the instructions for the installation pop up, follow them.
- Connect Canon MG6820 USB cable to your computer anytime the setup wizard instructs you.
- It sometimes takes until PIXMA MG6820 USB cable gets detected. Afterward, the instructions for the installation process will appear to complete the installation.
- Canon PIXMA MG6820 is now ready for you to use when the installation is complete.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG6820 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG6820) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG6820 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG6820 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG6820 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
PIXMA MG6820 Wireless Connection Setup
(If the Printer is compatible with Wireless)
Connecting with WPS
- Physical WPS push button must be present.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
Wi-Fi lamp will light up after enabling wireless connection. Printer searches for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold WPS button for 5 seconds, release.
- Press OK button after 2 minutes.
- After the connection is made, press OK to complete setup.
Install software for PIXMA MG6820.
If the connection still fails, please contact manufacturer.
Standard Connection Method
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Select Standard setup then press OK button to start process of standard setup.
Printer is searching for available wireless network.
- Use navigation arrows to select access point (the name of your network). Press OK.
Press left function button to search again if you cannot see your network on the list.
- Press OK to input/edit network password (case sensitive).
Use the virtual keyboard to enter a password. Follow the procedure as instructed:
- Password is case sensitive. Press the center function button to navigate between numeric, upper case, and lower case.
- Use navigation arrows to pick a character on the keyboard, press OK to confirm selection, and move another character.
- Repeat step (a) and (b) for more characters to input.
- After inputting password, press left function button to complete.
- Confirm your password. Press OK to edit, if needed.
- Press left function button to complete setup. Press OK.
Follow by installing software for PIXMA MG6820.
If the connection still fails, please contact the manufacturer.
PIXMA MG6820-factory default settings
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select Setup icon.
- Press the right function button.
- Use left navigation arrow to select Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Use up navigation arrow to access LAN settings.
- Press OK.
- Use down navigation arrow to select Yes for reset setting.
- Press OK.
- WLAN Settings now reset. A message [Processing….Please wait momentarily] is shown.
- Press OK to complete resetting WLAN.
If you have a printer Canon PIXMA MG6820, then you will need to surely have the official driver & software to install your printer. If you have none, then you will be glad to know that canonupdates.com will give you the official driver & software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.0||48 MB||Download|
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.90||19 MB||Download|
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.00 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.00||38 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||1.2||9.3 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.2 MB||Download|
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/Mac OS X 10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac OS X 10.7||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.20||236 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.20||213 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3.20||204 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||5.20||614 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5.20||277 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||5.20||456 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series Getting Started (software installation part)||V1||4.1 MB||Download|
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series Getting Started (device setup part)||V1||1.6 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||3.20||90 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||5.20||75 KB||Download|
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.0||17 MB||Download|
|Canon MG6820 / MG6800 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.0||14 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MG6820 Driver Download and Printer Manual For Windows, MacOS, Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MG6820 since you can download them on our site www.canonupdates.com that provide the download link for both software & driver of canon series from the Official site. You need only to hit the download link below and then follow the instructions manually. User manual can be downloaded as well, thus you effortlessly can finish the installation process.